Thursday, November 18, 2010

I blinked and November was almost over. I finally found all the pieces to charge my camera. Unfortunately, my camera was back in Flagstaff when i found the cables. This is merely a journal entry. Not entirely sure where to start with this one because a lot of things happened the past 2.5weeks. It all got kicked off with a day of endurance training at the Pit fueled by the last attempts on Goliath. Somewhere in that day there was a onehang effort on No Joke, I went through two partners. Keith climbed the first half of the day with me and Carrie the second. Keith had to pack for a climbing trip in Turkey. I was in luck that Joe had belayed me up the thing the day before and I was able to leave my draws on the route without anyone stealing them, a rare occurence in the unfriendly sport climbing city of Flagstaff. A few rest days at work led to a commando trip to the Enchanted Tower with Garn. It was unfortunate that this trip quickly became the worst day of climbing at the tower all year. That's all I'm going to say about that because the we were off to Tempe. It was the most interesting night I've had in a while. My only plan was to have a few beers with my good friend Shawn at Casey MOores. It quickly escalated to a crazy time and Black Carl was playing at the Yucca,  we had to go. The rest of the night will remain word of mouth tales. Best night I've had out in a really long time. Then back to work because my schedule was not a pleasant one this month. I got the sickness from someone somewhere and I think it was a pt. I barely remember. I was sick for days spun into confusion about what to do with my 8days off that was about to start. Finally committed to the original plan of Hueco Tanks. Got to Hueco in 10 or so hours accompanied with Joe. It was really good for the soul and my health to be back in the desert. The days there went North Mtn, East Mtn,Rest, North Mtn, East Spur/West Mtn. All great climbing days and gave me a glimpse of what I'm looking forward to January when my minimum work requirements change.Between walking around the park and a BBQ I met some great people along the way including a guy named John who I heard established the Mars Roof. Really nice guy about to graduate from nursing school. Look forward to climbing with him a bit after his graduation. We ended the trip at the Enchanted tower. I almost acquired a cool black kitten in the middle of nowhere newmexico. There was snow on the ground. The pleasant lady at the Datil gas station/cafe wants to know how to market to rock climbers better. If your passing through and have any ideas let her know. I told her to sell chalk and keep selling cheeseburgers and beer. Fortunately, this trip into the tower yielded the best day of the season I was able to experience. Quite a contrast from the previous trip. The air was still, silent and crisp. I climbed what i truly believe to be the finest pitch of rock climbing of my climbing career thus far. I didn't 'send' Goliath but I did my absolute best and that's no disappointment. Thinking about relaxing around AZ for the next few weeks and getting prepped and psyched for spending 6 or so weeks in Hueco Tanks come January 8th. That's a brief glimpse. I may edit this one a bunch i just had to get something out before i lose track

No comments:

Post a Comment