Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Crazy World

In no time at all, I've purchased land that needs developing and the race car that might win its class in the Baja 1000. There was a ton of rock climbing, desert walking, driving, sanding, cleaning and learning that went on this past month and a half. Not to mention a bit of work squeezed in the middle. My body was finally beat down enough that I needed to take a few days to recover. So here I am hiding out in Tempe where it's beautiful outside, just hanging out, polishing up a roll-cage, thinking about what's next. I think it's time to call it on this section of the year. I was sweating uncomfortably in jeans yesterday and I think spring has sprung.. in the desert at least. The move is looking like back to Flagstaff to work hard for a few weeks. The fun I just had was expensive and I need to get some work in to earn this trip to Europe. The price of gas seems to be at an all time winter high to me which is kind of a bummer... wish there could be better alternative fuel choices for RVs. The land in Texas is rugged, full of cactus, warm in the winter and fairly desolate. Plan is to do some work there starting in November, wish I could make it back tomorrow but the drive time to climb time ratio doesn't make sense. Even if i do own a piece of it now, strange and unfortunate how it all worked out. At least when I go back I'll have the Baja done. November plans could offer some variety to life outside the comfort zone we'll have to wait and see. This past season in Hueco I learned that variety is good. I tried to get better at doing many sequences quickly rather than doing the hardest shit i could muster and destroying myself. Stayed relatively injury free, my elbows were routinely more sore than I like by the end. Climbed a bunch of cool stuff. Bailed out to Jtree when it got incredibly cold in Hueco. Coldest I've ever been. It was the finest I've climbed in Joshua tree. Climbed a ton of good problems. Surprised I had never done the coyote corner..  problems all documented in the planner. Looks like a great foundation with a lifetime of growing potential in the El Paso desert. I'm ready to sport climb a bit and start getting ready for Europe. I hate to admit it but  there is a ton of stuff at Jacks I've never done that I should do. Maybe catch the Asylum before it gets too hot. I've got a dune buggy I need to get to a spot where I can drive it to work everyday. That project is going down in Tempe and has a deadline. The time can, should and will be filled in AZ. I'm looking forward to trying to work as much as I have planned. The time I spent at work went by quickly.. my feet just hurt.. gotta take better care of those dogs on work days. When you're feeling positive about your job and work you should probably ride the wave. Maybe I'll finally do my CCRN stuff while i'm fully immersed in the nursing world again. Pictures were a failure again. 10months of Bago living done

No comments:

Post a Comment