Monday, October 18, 2010

Start of the Blog

In an attempt to remember this period in my life that I'm enjoying so much, I'm going to post up trip reports and pictures if i remember to take any. Currently, I've been living in my Winnebago for 5months spending my time mostly in Flagstaff. However, 3-8 day trips all over the West Coast climbing on the best rock climbs I come across and think I can do is how I spend a fair amount of my days off work. Picking a trip worth reporting first is difficult decision. So I'll just start simple.... with yesterday.

After a long night at work and some morning chores to tend to I got about 3.5hrs of sleep and it was time to get moving again. A drive to Doney Park started my morning which was really 2 in the afternoon. My plan was to make it to the Pit in time to warm up and try either No Joke  or Total Joke with Garn. I was running way late. Dark clouds covered the sky. An occasional lightening flash followed by distant thunder made the possibility of climbing look desperate. By 1630 we were tying in. I got to warm up. While I was lowering off the Joker, I looked northwest into the storm and decided to take all my draws off the route. The wind started howling when I was about half way down. Sand was flying in our eyes, backpacks and jackets were getting scattered. Finally got off the thing. Rain started as we were half way out of the canyon. Bigfoot BBQ, hot tubbin and scary movie night was the welcomed retreat. Not a bad day all in all. Joe and I are going back Wednesday we'll see what a little more rest does. Sorry no pictures use your imagination...

1 comment:

  1. congrats on the first entry! now keep writing and get some pix up there :-)

    ReplyDelete