Friday, October 22, 2010

The White Wall - an October overiew

The White Wall got rained on in intervals all day it never had time to dry enough for climbing. Fortunately, perfectly horizontal limestone roofs at the Priest Draw are across the street and about 2 minutes from where the Bago is currently located. Over the past few months other climbers have been telling me to check out the one roof I never scoped because I didn't believe I would ever be strong enough to do any of the problems under it. We were FIRED up to get on No joke and Total Recall well rested and didn't transfer all of that psyche to bouldering but we were close. Seemed like a good day for the Mars Roof beta spray down and to take a break from sport routes. I did all but one move on The Receptionist and I'm psyched to work on linking more and more of those awesome moves together. The last hard move is a problem by itself that's gonna take some figurin out. Not sure if Joe's beta is gonna do the trick for me there I've heard rumor of Jill doing a heel hook there and her beta hasn't steered me wrong year to date. I was definitely flailing with a purpose. I now believe that doing any of those problems is not out of the realm of possibilities for my body/mind combination. It's gonna take a lot of work though. Made me think about and question just how many projects I'm working on this fall. Training on and for these routes has definitely made me a stronger climber. That's insignificant compared to what I've  learned from climbing this month.  I have not done any of them from start to finish without falling which is easily discouraging. I've put more focus on enjoying the process and loving the moves and the adventure and uniqueness of every focused attempt I make on these routes. The consistency of my climbing is markedly improved by this. No doubt I've gotten pissed off when I fall with the last hard clip in my face, or my feet pop off or even just by feeling weak. Now I recognize it and remove it sooner. Prolly transferable to life in a lot of ways. There is still one week left in this month which means there is still one trip left. Sunday morning at 0800 I am going to The Enchanted Tower with Joe Morgan and Carrie. Rolling in the Bago. Pictures and report to come. Time to put observation in motion. Only trying Goliath once or twice there are two more routes there I really wanna get on. gotta train for my new November plans.....

No comments:

Post a Comment